The best packing list for around the world offroad adventure trips
- Flight tickets
- FTP password for internet blog
- Student card
- Money + Kreditcard + US$ cache.
- Second walled for thieves
- Green insurance card
- Handy + simcard + charger + money (dangerous as written here )
- vaccination (Yellow fever, polio + diphterie + tetanus, hepatitis, rabies)
- needle and thread
- Mini alarm system
- Camera + videocamera + akkus + charger + USB cabel + memory card + USB card reader or ssd hard drive
- helmed camera (prohibited in Austria)
- Linux Life CD for internet caffees
- alternativ Netbook with SSD drive, charger + adapter plug
- Maps (Michelin 741, 745, 746 & tracks4africa.com)
- GPS Wegpunkte von Botschaften, Camping places. No heavy books.
- Tools to maintain the chain + greece
- clutch leaver + break leaver + oil filter + break pads
- clutch cable, wheal bearings, stearing bearing
- long trousers / functional underwear
- cap or hat
- ear plugs (many)
- Paper + Pen to write a diary or magazine articles
- Pass photos + copies of documents -> Fiches (for embassies and road blocks)
- Rain clothes for Schoos a plastic bag can be used as well
- Passport (valied min. 6 months)
- Visa + translation (for Libya)
- self inflating air matress
- Sleeping bag (can also be used as a cushion.)
- Socks (also to protect your phone from dust etc.)
- Sun glasses + special helmed
- Sun lotion + gloves against the sun
- Toilettpaper / tampons / the pil / condoms
- T-Shirt (can also be used as a towl)
- Swatchirt (can also be used as a pilow)
- Underwear (2 are enouth. Can also be used to swimm)
- Medicin + Reserve bulbs (required in Austria) Better ist to take long lasting LED bulbs insted.
- Yellow vest (required in Italy and Austria for cars)
- Tooth brush + tooth paste + shaver
- Soap to wash hair and clothes
- Iglu tent with Moscito net like High Peak Zelt Texel 3, rot/alu, 10075, 3 Persones or Grand Canyon Trekkingzelt PHOENIX M (3 Persones), Grau/ Sand, 220x220x135 for less then 50.- Euro.)
- Torx tools for BMW and KTM Motorbikes. You dont get them in third world countrys.
- big Wrench to change bearings and break pads. Can also be used as a hammer.
- Phillips and normal bit + adapter
- Big wrench
- Imbuss to change break pads
- 24er, 22er, 19er, 17er, 13er, 12er, 11er, 10er and 8er nuts
- Lange tire leaver + bicycle pump + adapter
- Tubes + repair kit. Spray is too big and will not last very long.
- Lariam bzw. Coartem (Malaria) Aspirin, pain killer, diarrhea, plasters, clean injection needles
On my trip i missed:
Many people make the mistake to by a lot of expensive stuff as soon as they decide to travel into a third world country, but that's nonsense.
Traveling isn't much different as to ride to work every day. In fact to ride to work is even more dangerous. The roads in "Western" country's are much better
so people speed much more. On the way to work etc. people are also more in a hurry so you need all the protection stuff there but in Africa you
should not look too fancy otherwise one will be treated like money on legs, robbed and the officials try to get more bribes...
There are two groups of people in the world:
The biggest group believes everything they hear without thinking about it, allows the government to cut there rights because of "terrorism" (even in Germany there was no terrorism at all), measures distances in the size of "socer fields" and invests its money in insurances. The biggest adventure in there life is to buy a coffee at Mc Donalds which comes with a warning: "Careful: Hot".
The second group uses there head to think about the reason why politics say something and give people in Africa etc. a chance before they say they are dangerous. This way they find out that sometimes people in Africa are more happy and friendly then we are in our modern money world...